Malcolm Gillespie
Malcolm Gillespie, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  City & guilds pt 1 & 2
22484842

Ordered a replacement windscreen through Autoglass UK on

Customer Question

ordered a replacement windscreen through Autoglass UK on 22nd January 2022. still no advancement on August delivery, could possibly be later. car is 1998 W140 S class. Reg No R624ECR. is it possible to make the parts department to be made aware of this situation and for the current availability to be improved?
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Mercedes Benz (W140) S320
JA: Are you fixing your S320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, being windscreen being replace through insurance claim in conjunction with Autoglass UK
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Vehicle is not roadworthy due to no MOT, because of cracked windscreen
Category: Car
Expert:  Malcolm Gillespie replied 14 days ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer .. I suggest buying one from the scrapyard. This might be your only way to get your vehicle back on the road.  ,Have you asked for after market or a Mercedes  screen ..
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Autoglass only use Mercedes windscreens

Thats good news but will they not use any other for you.