Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

My MG HS had low battery. So I had to invite the breakdown

Customer Question

My MG HS had low battery. So I had to invite the breakdown company to help jumpstart it. This worked but then I started noticing my Engine warning ⚠️ light coming on. I was referred to the owners manual but this was not helpful. I don’t know what the warning light is warning me about. The car was just picked up earlier this month so I don’t expect any problem really
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: The battery is brand new just like the car
JA: What year is your HS?
Customer: 2022
JA: Are you fixing your HS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am not.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing other than the above
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 16 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Bosun
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can we just chat
Expert:  Kevin replied 16 days ago.
Hi Bosun I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear that the engine warning light has illuminated and I totally understand how frustrating this is. The engine warning light can come on for many different reasons but typically it’s when a fault is detected. The battery voltage being low could trigger this but the car will need to be connected to a diagnostic tool to reset this and should be returned to the dealer ship for this under warranty
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks will do that
Expert:  Kevin replied 16 days ago.
You are very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!