sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a kymco agility mobility scooter fitted new steering

I have a kymco agility mobility scooter fitted new steering rods it won't line up
JA: Have you checked the fluids?
Customer: Mobility scooter new steering rods it won't line up
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mobility scooter kymco agility mobility scooter
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New steering rods one wheel is straight the other goes inwards I can't line it up
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, in what way are you making the alienation?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Nigel new steering rods one wheel is straight the other goes inwards

Could you take pictures of how they are looking and tell me how you are doing the alignment?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can't take a picture the steering rods are fully adjusted up ive done something wrong

Dear customer, could you please describe the procedure you performed to try to assess where your fault was.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I got the rods fully adjusted up I dont think that's right
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I fitted the nuts on the bar they are fully tightened I dont think they should be

Dear customer, during the adjustment it should be done gradually, because if you tighten one first, then the other one will be deformed and you will not be able to align it.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
One wheel is straight the other goes inwards and theres no adjustment left

And you can't send a photo as above?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have adjusted one side then try to adjust the other
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No

Can you give me the exact model of your scooter?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks I know that ive done it wrong
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Kymco agility mobility scooter

In the following video you can see how the disassembly of this scooter is done so that you have a better overview, however, what you have done wrong, is to have done the complete adjustment one by one, it should be done simultaneously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWM5pUwRlU&ab_channel=MobilityDirect

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Nigel I put the address in it doesn't show my scooter

Dear customer, the video is a reference for you to have an idea of how to disassemble, however the adjustments are made as I mentioned, so that they are not misaligned, they must be adjusted in parallel.