sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Mini one 1.6 petrol r56, Radiator fan goes on for long

Mini one 1.6 petrol r56
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Radiator fan goes on for long time(30 min or more) just stop if switch car off e disconnect fan. Replaced temperature sensor is the same,can it be water pump? Thanks
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: 2010 engine Peugeot :(
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, is in workshop. They replaced temperature sensor, now said is water pump
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I told them everything that the cars does, they checked with obd reader,no error.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer if it could be the pump or the fan itself that has the relay working incorrectly, what has been checked so far?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They connected obd reader with no error, they will call me tomorrow to say if is the water pump
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Already replace the water temperature sensor close to the termostato

Dear customer, was the wiring and the fan relay changed?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No. The mechanic says the water is going slow to the deposit and should be water pump,already payed for sensor replacement. Not nice to pay and problem still there…
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It happens when car is hot, if engine is hot and switch ac on the fan start and doesn’t stop even when I switch ac off , if I don’t use the ac the fan star by her self and does not stop,just when switch engine off. Thanks

Dear customer, when do you check the pump? tomorrow?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They will call me tomorrow to say if car is ready and when they change the water pump
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
tomorrow hopefully
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This fan does not have fan relay,they told me that…

Dear customer, in this case the problem must be related to the pump, as in cases where this relay exists, it may be the cause, as a similar fault occurs.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let’s hope is the pump is the issue. Tomorrow I will know… If not will tell them to check if the fan as relay. I know it has a relay in the fuse box close to engine that switch of the fan when removed off , but fan start again when I connect that relay again
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But no error came on for that relay and they clean errors by obd when they replaced sensor
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The relay close to engine just work when fan is working, if fan is not on the relay does not work,checked my self

Dear customer, please keep me informed of what happens when replacing the pump so that I can take this into account. You can use this same means, for now I consider this to be the most effective step to take.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Will do , thanks for you time and support. Talk tomorrow,hopefully with good news.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
José

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.