sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

STOP sign on dash came on, it came on and i stopped, peugeot

STOP sign on dash came on
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: it came on and i stopped
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: peugeot 308 ill check the year
JA: What year is your 307?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your 307 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, dont know whats wrong
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Kevin here, not a puncture, plenty of oil, dont know after that
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
peugeot 308 2015

Dear customer, apart from the stop signal, do you have performance problems?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no

When the STOP warning light on the instrument panel of a Peugeot car comes on, it means that there is a generic fault with the injection system. It is advisable to stop driving as soon as possible and take the car to the garage for a fault code evaluation, as this is simply an emergency mode, which indicates a cumulative fault code, even if the problem could simply be electrical.

From a stored code and can be removed by resetting it.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok, so theres is no way of knowing what it is until the garage connects a computer to diagnose the system , right ?

Indeed, dear customer, these emergency modes can only be deactivated or evaluated by a diagnostic tool.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok, thanks, ***** ***** scared of the cost of rip off garages, can I ask for a print out of the report?

Dear customer, this is the most economical evaluation to perform, it does not require a dealer but an expert who has the brand's software tool.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Im not in my hometown, roadside assist has just picked up the car - will be at a garage in the morning

Dear customer, if you wish, I can recommend an expert where you are located.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
its a bit late at this stage, the car is now gone in a pick up truck, they say they will deliver it to a garage in the morning, can you answer "can I ask for a print out of the report?"

You can ask the workshop that makes the diagnosis for a list of the codes obtained.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok, thanks, ***** ***** an online resource where i can see what a code means? I imagine the codes are meaningless to me as they are.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hello?

Dear customer, there are indeed online manuals of the codes, but some diagnostic equipment has a legend, however if it lacks such a legend, you can consult me again through this medium at no extra cost to review them in the manual.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thanks

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.