Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 18+ years - master tech. 20+ years, SAE member
30385560

3 Brake Light Porsche 981 Boxster 98163118103 Can you

3 Brake Light Porsche 981 Boxster***********Can you explain how to remove the above light
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: The light is not coming on
JA: What year is your Boxster?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed the two securing nuts located through the boot lid. But assembly still appears to be fixed
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing to add

Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and I will assist you with your inquiry. I understand that having car problems can be frustrating so please feel free to ask if any further info is needed. If you get prompted for a premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, cause I don't think it is needed at this point. My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience. May I know your first name?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Graham

Hello Graham,

I will include the details in two documents here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
These details are for a Cayman!

These details are for the 981 body. This includes both the Cayman and the Boxster.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But the 3rd brake lights are totally different. Diagram and instructions are for the Cayman.

Please check the instructions carefully. It says for all models. This includes the Cayman and the Boxster.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I realise that. The third brake light on the Cayman is mounted on the tailgate.The third brake light on the Boxster is mounted on the boot lid.The instructions refer only to the tailgate on the Cayman. There are no instructions or diagram for the Boxster.

I will double check now.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

I believe there was a part missing. I'm sorry for the confusion. Here's the rest. Check it out.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is the correct one. Thank you!

Thank you for your trust. And again, sorry for the confusion.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No damage done! So all OK!

Perfect.