sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have an electric vW i4 that won’t start and we are in the

Customer Question

Hi there I have an electric vW i4 that won’t start and we are in the middle of the road can you help?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Hmmm how do I check the battery? It’s 3am
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: id4
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: 2021
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried starting the car normally with the keys and braking to change gear to drive
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Are active indicators lit on the dashboard?

Dear customer there are several factors that can cause this problem I recommend that you start by checking the battery terminals, also replace the battery if you feel it is discharged, I would like to recommend that you check the status of the fuses and make sure they are correct, there is the possibility that you have damaged the starter motor but before proceeding to check the starter motor I recommend that you do a programming of the key to rule out that the problem is not that the anti-theft system is activated and finally if all this has been checked if we proceed to check the starter motor. This is if it is a hybrid car, if it is purely electric, the immobiliser is the one that is generating this fault, in that case, you must reset it from a key reprogramming equipment.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.