Malcolm Gillespie
Malcolm Gillespie, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  City & guilds pt 1 & 2
22484842

Its amini r57 overheats badly loses water but we think the

Customer Question

hi its amini cooper r57 overheats badly loses water but we think the water pump is failing
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: yep it is water originally the pipe between the pump and thermostat leaked we changed that some times there is a damp patch undertheoffside of the car
JA: What is the model/year of your Mini?
Customer: 2009 cooper s cab
JA: Are you fixing your Cooper yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have changed the thermostat and the sensor some doubt it it was a poor aftermarkrt unit also the header tank bottle
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the total breakdown is the biggest worry
Category: Car
Expert:  Malcolm Gillespie replied 14 days ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer.  I suggest having the water system pressure tested to find exactly where the leak is coming from.  Pay attention to the water pump , if there is air in the system it will always overheat.