sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Steering wheel malfunction warning, fine, 2004 saab 9-3

steering wheel malfunction warning
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 2004 saab 9-3 convertible
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: taken the fuse out for traction control
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: taken the maxi fuse out for traction control solves the problem i face when the steering wheel warning comes up after inserting the key in the ignition however i want a more permenant solution thanks

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, did you perform any diagnostics on your car?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi yes
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will send you picture of the codes from Tec2
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (SSTM7QZ)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
when I remove the key from ignition then put it back i get steering hweel malefunction warning and it will not start
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
iuf I take fuse number 2 from side panel for steering wheel/ignition for 5 seconds then back the car will start with no warning
b
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
but if i put my key again after switch off the same warning for steering whell appears again

Dear customer, the codes you are getting seem to indicate a malfunction at the wiring level, did you reset these codes and they reappeared? What diagnostic equipment are you using?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
yesterday I noticed somthing i remove maxi fuse 28 for the esp and tcn traction copntrol and left the steering wheel fuse in and now i can turn the car and on with no trouble
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it now just says traction control fault ( because obviously i removed the traction control maxi fuse )
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the mechanic used GM Tech 2 to scan it on Monday
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
he said the codes do not give definite answer
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
we have to change the steering wheel lock AND the door locks ultrasonic sensors and even then thast is not guranteed it will stop the warning !!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
he said he reset them .....but the warning was still there when I left his grarage

Dear customer, no doubt it would have to start by making a replacement of these sensors, although they may not give solution to the problem is the right step to perform, since this occurring at the electrical level failure, however before this, what I would do is that I would re-diagnose but from an agency, with a specialized tool only for the brand, sometimes have access to modules that generic tools fail to access. 

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your answer this week the car is booked for next week with Saab garage in Wales for diagnosis and repair

Dear customer, perfect if you have any further questions, please let me know.