sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Going into limp mode every few days no lights on dash, yes,

Customer Question

Going into limp mode every few days no lights on dash
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: mercedes ml320 2007
JA: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced exhaust back pressure sensor and turbo actuator
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Getting fault code dtc2510-001 and2616-002
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, have you performed a forced regeneration?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi how do u do that

Dear customer, when this happens, does an indicator light up on your dashboard?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No just goes into limp mode if on motorway stays at 70mph and if slow down max40 mph no warning lights on dash

Dear customer, you should first try to do a forced regeneration by driving for about 50 km per hour for at least 30 min to warm up the catalytic converters.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This just happened on a motorway journey 20 mins into it

Dear customer, then you have to do a more thorough inspection and check the dpf.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Would dpf cause this boost pressure fault .also what else do I need to check if this dpf regenerate doesn’t stop this fault ,
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Dear customer what happens is that your engine works with a valve responsible for recirculating the exhaust gases, when the exhaust has problems this valve does not recirculate properly so if the DPF has excess soot or any internal problem the vehicle may be failing, when the forced regeneration does not work you have to disassemble the DPF perform a chemical cleaning, if this chemical cleaning does not correct the problem you must replace the entire DPF.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have took air intake air mass pipe off and there was a wire unplugged from previous owners this was unplugged and taped up so plugged this back in now getting dtc p2009 and now engine management light on
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (M25LGTM)

I am unable to identify which connector that is, but it is possibly the main cause.