sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have 2011 VW Golf1.6 diesel.. The driver rubber door seal

Customer Question

Hi I have 2011 VW Golf1.6 diesel.. The driver rubber door seal is splitting Can I repair / replace this myself.. If so is there an easy step by step guide and what will I need?.. parts / tools /sealants etc
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Original engine Serviced in June
JA: What is the model of your '11 VW?
Customer: 1.6TD
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't made my mind up yet Do you think it is relatively simple to do or does it require an expert
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** Car isn't here at the moment. Basically I want to know whether this is something which I could easily fix myself or whether I would be better off going to a garage
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Its already starting to cost me £. . I think I will discuss with the garage .. Thanks

Dear customer, door seals are commonly damaged. Replacing them is not complicated and they can be obtained from any external workshop or vehicle accessory shop. I believe that anyone could do this replacement but if you don't have the slightest idea it is good to have a garage help you with this and this type of work is not complicated or expensive to do.