Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Alarm keeps going off, I have a fob key but there’s also a

Customer Question

Alarm keeps going off
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: I have a fob key but there’s also a key inside it. You want me to try using the key inside the fob to lock it?
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Nissan pulsar 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Pulsar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changing batteries in fob
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  Phillip H replied 8 days ago.
Hiya

I am assuming that the Alarm is going off after you have unlocked the vehicle.  You could try unlocking the vehicle with the Key Blade to see if that will deactivate the Alarm.

If the Alarm is going off when the vehicle is locked and the Alarm set then potentially this could be caused by the Interior Motion Sensors.  These can usually be deactivated by a button in the vehicle or a setting on the Combination Meter.  This will eliminate the sensors as being the issue.  If the Alarm still goes off then there must ba another issue.

The only other potential Issue is the Alarm Module / Siren itself. The only option here would be to replace the Module.

A full diagnostic code read should be carried out and the data relating to all door sensors should be checked including the bonnet sensor.

Phillip