sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The horn keeps going off on my partners van - it’s ford

Customer Question

The horn keeps going off on my partners van - it’s ford custom van
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2019
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taking most of the fuses out
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: Yeah going through it now
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s all
Category: Car
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi can you help?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We disconnected the battery thanks

Dear customer it is possible that the horn sensor which is a simple switch is faulty and is causing a short which is keeping the horn on, it is good to try tapping the steering wheel gently to see if the switch comes off otherwise it is good to disassemble the steering wheel to observe the state of the switch and the wires, in case the horn is not the cause of this it is possible that you have a problem with the alarm setting, maybe one of the sensors is faulty causing the alarm to sound continuously.