sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I've just purchased a 2014 Seat Ibiza 1.4 FR ACT. It hasn't

Customer Question

Hello, I've just purchased a 2014 Seat Ibiza 1.4 FR ACT. It hasn't come with the portable/detachable Garmin 4NSF unit that came with the car from the factory. I was wondering if I purchase a used one, would it dock and be able to sync and be usable with my car, or would only the original one that came with the car when it was brand new be compatible? Thanks
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Seat Ibiza
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Garmin 4NSF
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: All relevant info captured in original question
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Jose, my name is***** response, I have purchased the car but don't have it yet. Therefore, I can't provide a photograph of the exact issue. However, this image shows the Garmin sat nav that fixes to the top of the dashboard in the type of Seat Ibiza I have purchased - https://images.app.goo.gl/s8CJpX5EVeZWUAcK8
I want to know if I purchase a used replacement Garmin unit, will it work with my car as it has a docking mechanism where it communicates electronically with the car's trip computer?

Dear customer, you can indeed install another one, however, it would have to be configured by the agency, because it will ask you for an access pin, this would mean that the equipment would have to be reset from the agency so that you can have all the permissions to use it, sometimes some second-hand sellers have the pin of these units and it does not generate a major problem.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That's good news! Sounds simple, I'll need the pin as you say. Thanks very much for your help! This case can now be closed as I haven't got any other questions. Thanks again

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.