Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have new MG5 range EV the problem arise that all automatic

I have new MG5 long range EV the problem arise that all automatic and comfort functions are stopped now like cruise control, lane control, stability control, auto pilot. ABS, auto breaking. Auto beem…….I can only use gear, and brake, …..Technically it is driving like automatic car of 80s 😏
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello my name is Rehan
Hi Rehan I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear all these functions aren’t working and I totally understand how frustrating this is. Can you confirm for me that all these warning lights are showing on the dashboard?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok so these systems are all interlinked because they work on a network and share information in order for them all to work correctly. This is a very effective way for them to work but the downside to this is if a fault is detected in one of these systems it causes all of them to turn off. The car will need to be connected to a capable scan tool to see exactly what’s triggering the warnings
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
You mean Diagnose?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok I have booked it with MG dealer let’s see what co
We out ?
Correct
The most common causes would be something like a failing wheel speed sensor
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Wheel speed sensor? Where it is located? Actually speedo meter working fine
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Showing correct speed of the car
It’s separate from the Speedo. There are 4 wheel speed sensors and they are located in the hub on each wheel are read the individual wheel speed from a pickup on the bearing
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thanks that’s good to know
You are very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help! If you would like to  ask me another question in the future, you can  add me as a favorite  Expert then type @mastertechuk followed by my name in your next chat.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your informative reply actually those EV cars still on experimental process let’s see what diagnosis says I will let the garage know what you described to me
No worries. The technology inside is not quite as experimental as you wouldn’t think. The systems you are having issues with have been on the road through various manufacturers for around 10-15 years it’s the auto-brake and adaptive cruise are the newest features but other manufacturers have been using them with long and short range radars for around 10 years. It started in real high end vehicles and has now filtered down to being mandatory in all new vehicles
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry I think I came across these technology first time in driving otherwise I just was driving manual car before I am not really a car enthusiast. That means I definitely has done some think wrong in my driving style…….. that’s why these function abnormality triggered. otherwise car is brand new only came on the road in February 2022.I appreciate your response have a good day
you too!