sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2008 Series 220 CDI with 34 K on the clock, the car

I have a 2008 B Series 220 CDI with 34 K on the clock, the car is perfect except the CD player appears jammed, I cannot get a CD in or eject whatever is in there. Plus it is stating that I need to load a navigation disc in order to get the sat nav working, except that it currently as stated it seems jammed. Any suggestions
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: NO, can you tell me where they are ?
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: B 200 CDI SE
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing it myself at this stage
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have an updated 2017/18 map disc to load, but as said at the moment it will not take any disc

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, in these cases you must disassemble and clean the unit, as the disc readers can break down not mechanically, but optically, these reading sensors must be disassembled and cleaned very carefully. There are also cleaning discs for CD units, but I do not recommend them, as they can sometimes end up damaging the unit.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Dear *****, my name is***** think I will double check that the fuses are OK first. The problem does not seem to be one of the optical reader but the fact that the unit will not either accept or reject whatever is in the CD slot ?

Dear customer, if it is only the reader, it has nothing to do with fuses, the unit has a mechanical system that adjusts the discs to the reading plate, these also get dirty.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
There appears to be a mechanical barrier to loading a CD as I have probed gently with a knife and cannot insert the blade. The car stood idle for 2 years during Covid and battery had to be replaced, Given the age of the vehicle it is not worth spending a lot on it but it would be nice to get CD player working at least.
Dear customer if it is just that CD unit that is not working these systems are cleaned and serviced for a few pounds I think it would be tj better option at a repair and installation shop for radios and navigation systems.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK let me try this first, thanks

At your service dear costumer

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Dear Sebastian, I have checked all the fuses and reset the system but to no avail. I am not in UK for much longer as this is not my main home, so next time I am back I will take it to a specialist company handling CD etc as you suggest. I can still use the radio and to be honest I am using my phone and google maps more than the Sat Nav so it is not the end of the world if I cannot fix this.

Dear customer, I think it's perfect, if nowadays CD drives are becoming more and more obsolete, that's why my recommendation to just repair it, it will be more economical for you.