Casey Atwood
Casey Atwood, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Expert
110262156

The screw connecting my aerial to the base unit on my 2014

The screw connecting my aerial to the base unit on my 2014 fiat 500 has snapped off. Half is in aerial and half in base on roof. How do I remove the stuck screw from base unit? Do I need to replace the lot? It was a clean break. Thank you
JA: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: At first I thought it had just come loose as it fell when I opened my boot. My son in law may attempt if it’s a simple fix.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that is it thank you
nbsp;              

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. I am here to look into your question today so please feel free to ask me anything required in order to get your problem resolved! We all understand it can be annoying when your auto is not operating as expected but not to worry I will do my upmost to help get it sorted. I am just looking at the information you have provided now so just bare with me for a few moments please.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This is where it has snapped. The rest is in the base unit on roof.

Thank you so much for your patience today, I can see that you are having some difficulty with the roof aerial. I can see that you want to remove it sp hopefully the following can assist you further;

• you will need to remove the headlining just enough to expose the base of the antenna 
  • there will be the base that you can remove to replace with a new one 
  • you can gain access if you raise the boot and remove the parcel shelf 
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt0lGGJxDlE

I am here to support you if you need anything else please let me know 

It has been a pleasure to help you today, is there anything further I can assist with? Thanks for choosing Just Answer I hope you have a great day.