sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Sat nav on mute since new battery fitted to car. How would

Sat nav on mute since new battery fitted to car.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: How would that affect the sat nav?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Ford focus hatchback special edition. 2011
JA: What year is your Focus?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried myself but can't get to anything to unmute the sat nav.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No .

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, do all other nav sat options work?

Dear customer, in your case, the first thing I would do is to try to reprogram it from the diagnostic equipment.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
All else works OK. Just on mute and don't know how to un mute.

Dear customer, does the mute symbol appear or is it just muted?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No thanks. Will just keep trying myself.

Dear customer you have not answered my previous questions if your screen shows the system muted icon and you cannot reactivate the sound you have to do a master reset of your nav sat, on the other hand, if the icon does not appear, you should check the connections and wiring that feeds your radio unit and nav sat.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.