sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My car won’t start and the key fob will not work when

My car won’t start and the key fob will not work when locking and unlocking the doors I have to open and lock then manually by turning the key
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: i can turn the steering wheel and no the key has no sign of damage
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Chevrolet matiz 07
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have only tried turning the car on with the key
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: everything else seems fine, I am wondering whether it is a dead battery

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** type of photo/video would you like me to send as it’s an issue with my car not starting?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have to get cash transferred over before I make the call, should take about 10 minutes

Dear customer, did you try to change the battery of your key fob? the call is not necessary, it seems that you did not receive the previous message.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The mechanic is not saying anything
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don’t know how to change the battery in the key fob

Could you send a picture of your key ring to see which model you are using?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (Z453S47)
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have sent over the pic of the key fob

Dear customer, just to clarify, your key fob currently only works via the leaf, but the remote functions do not work, right?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can open and lock the doors via the actual key itself but the remote functions are dead

Dear customer, the key has a small screw? if not it must have a slot on the side, can you locate it? there are two options there is one of these keys that is disassembled, they are apparently very similar, one has a slot on the side the other is totally sealed, the one that is totally sealed only supports reprogramming from a diagnostic equipment, as it uses another type of cell and not a battery.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is this the screw?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (6V16G7S)

Yes, dear customer

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
if I replace the cell and it the car still doesn’t start then what’s the solution?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also how do I go about getting my £16 back from the phone call request?

Dear customer the phone call will be reimbursed automatically after a few hours, if after changing the battery it still doesn't work, you must do a reprogramming from a reprogramming equipment, the automotive locksmiths have the best rates for this kind of work.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have changed the battery and it still is not working, but it could be the car battery also at this point I don’t know that’s why I was seeking a mobile mechanic to see if they can tell whether it’s the car battery or something else why the car is not starting

Dear customer, where are you?