sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have Santa Fe and sometimes it won’t start because

Customer Question

Hi! I have Santa Fe and sometimes it won’t start because steering wheel isn’t aligned
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: my battery is perfect, I’ve just had vehicle test done on it and the tester couldn’t get car to start on several occasions
JA: What year is your Santa Fe?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no we mentioned it to mechanic a couple months ago and when he started it there was no problem and he couldn’t see anything wrong with it, was also serviced 2 weeks ago
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s the only issue! When I turn steering wheel it does start then but was worrying when tester was trying to start it and couldn’t get it for first few times
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Sebastian my name is***** can’t do a video or photo as I’m not experiencing the issue right now! Basically, sometimes when I try to start the car it doesn’t start and a warning shows up the align the steering wheel. I’ve just gotten my car tested and he said he has never seen this issue with any car

Dear customer, did you do an alignment and balancing?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No I actually haven’t gotten that done in a while

Dear customer, I consider it necessary for you to perform this service.

When our cars are out of alignment they can go into an emergency mode that disables some of their functions completely or temporarily, I think that is what is happening to you.