sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2014 BMW X5 has no performance level at high speed, it

My 2014 BMW X5 has no performance level at high speed, it starts to hold back at 80mph & doesn’t go over 100mph
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Took the battery terminals off to reset car, but still the same problems. Doesn’t really accelerate through the gears like it should either
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Am trying to yes, just bought it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, is there an indicator on your dashboard?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Drivechain continue journey at moderate speed. Full performance not available. Have the problem checked by service
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No just online chat for now please, Regards Mark
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
as I’m at work

Dear customer, have you made a diagnosis with a diagnostic tool?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Just asked my mechanic, there was two faults, one was something to do with the turbo, he can’t remember the other one, he’ll check his machine tomorrow when he’s back at work. He only had a really quick look for me just before going home today
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He cleared them, but the problem persisted

Dear customer a blockage or bad opening of the egr valve could generate this and present codes related to the turbo, it would be convenient that you drive about 50 km per hour for about 30 min, to try to heat the preheaters however if this is not possible or already done I would like to send the codes when you have them, you can use this same chat.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Top man, thank you. I will send them over tomorrow. Will reopen chat with you then, Regards Mark

Perfect dear customer I remain attentive

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, I messaged you yesterday
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have some codes for you, Regards Mark

Hi mark can you send them to me

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
25D400 & 244C00

Dear customer, did you check the exhaust gas valve and the exhaust gas pressure regulator?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Nothing has been checked yet, my mechanic just quickly read the codes before he went home. If I replaced these do you think it would solve my problem, Regards Mark

Dear customer, it is possible that they are clogged, I would start there.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it is possible that it could be something else then.?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It seems fine when driving under 40/50 mph

Dear customer, yes, it could be a wiring fault, or a vacuum leak, but this should be checked first.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Nice, thank you for your advice. I’m taking the car to my mechanic tomorrow morning & will let him know your thoughts. Will let you know the outcome. Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated.. Regards ***** *****; will leave you top feedback

Dear customer, thank you very much for your words, every good comment is a blessing.