sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a sailing catamaran twin helm stations My system is

I have a sailing catamaran twin helm stations
My system is Seastar Capilano .
Pumps are 1350 helm
New cylinders are HC5378 (21/4 inch- Previous were 2 inch HC 5379)
My system was 15 years old. A hydraulics team here ( in Greece) recommended to replace all tubes. I authorised. The new tubes they placed I think are bigger instead of 1/8 I believe they are ¼
They also added some tubes to make it better.
The result is the steering will turn by itself either way but mainly right. The right rudder will de position itself shifting to the right . And pilot will not hold.
They said it as my cylinders so I bought new (HC 5378). They fitted. The rudder still moves to the right but much slower than before the starboard rudder still de positions itself but also the steering has become very, very heavy.
They tested the pumps and they say the pumps are OK.
Before they touched it the system was operating smooth no problems for 15 years.
What do you advise?JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Boat Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else Igave you all the info

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, were the respective lubrications carried out after this work was done?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ofcourse and every time they bleeded the air out

Dear customer, sometimes these systems are very strict in the configuration of pressures, when the pipes were changed this was manipulated, the installation must be done with pipes of the same diameter.Previously I considered a lubrication problem but if you say this has been correct then the fault lies in the pressure system.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas

Thank you for trusting Justanswer.