sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Hesitant acceleration, 2011 car. Transmission is original.

Hesitant acceleration
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: 2011 car. Transmission is original. Haven't checked fuel filter
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2011 skoda fabia Scout 1.2tsi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not tried much yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Runs fine when driven very gently. Only has issue when under slightly harder acceleration

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, does any indicator light up on your dashboard?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Had an engineer warning light which was cleared and hasn't returned since, but the issue is still ongoing
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Engine*

Dear customer, do you know what the error codes were related to?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
There was a few which I have been told were probably old codes. Once cleared we drove the car again and scanned again but nothing returned
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It still doesnt deliver power under acceleration

Dear customer, how long has it been since you last cleaned the egr valve, dpf and catalytic converter?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Not sure when they were last done, just bought the car. It doesn't have a DPF as its a petrol

Dear customer, thank you for clarifying this, then the best thing to do in your case is to carry out an inspection of the fuel pump, also check that you have no vacuum leaks, these are a very likely cause of your failure, as they do not generate error codes.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay, I will do that. Thank you

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.