sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Ford focus 2014 fault code p2122 throttle pedal position

Ford focus 2014 fault code p2122 throttle pedal position sensor d circuit low input
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: P2122
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Got electrician and was told it is a powertrain module, should it not show up in diagnostic if it is pcm?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Was rooting power cable for subwoofer and my friend catched couple wires with the drill, i inspected them all, no snaps, just cut some insulation

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi i'm Alex i will send you pic if diagnostic

Allow me a moment to review this code.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have a feeling they want me to pay for nonexisting fault

Dear customer, did you check the wiring of the throttle position sensor and the sensor itself?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No, electrician did not do it, he just checked fuses, this is why im feeling suspicious
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Can you tell me where is that sensor?

Dear customer, the throttle position sensor is usually attached to the outside of the throttle body frame and connected to the throttle shaft, known as the throttle butterfly.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
He said he is not getting a lot if readings from pcm. Im just thinking should it not come up as a fault if pcm or ecu has a fault?

Dear customer the code you have sent is related to the throttle body sensor is the first thing to check, indeed you have an active fault, however it could be due to the wiring.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
He said i got a power surge when touched wire with a drill. Is it possible?

Dear customer, yes it is possible, but what about the code you have active?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I dont know what to do, got my car only for few months
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Why then professional electrician did say it is pcm?

Dear customer it could be the pcm, but you can't make a diagnosis the first time without checking the sensor I mentioned, it is much cheaper to check and even change the sensor than to repair a fault at the ecu, pcm or wiring harness level.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
How can i check that sensor is working?

Dear customer, yes, it is possible, how high is the voltage?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Dont you find it suspicious that professional did not check that sensor seeing this fault? All he did was checking fuses and straight after said it is pcm

Dear customer, it is very suspicious, that is to say, I would look at the code that is directly related to this, I would check this...

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for confirming this, i will be looking for more reliable professional, will inspect and replace the sensor you mentioned

At your service dear customer, the wiring should be checked after discarding this sensor, because the sensor itself could be generating the short if it is malfunctioning.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas

Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you! U gave me some reference points, will do as you advised.

Kind regards ***** *****