Hemal Mistry
Hemal Mistry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Expert
114984299

My golf - gone into data privacy and need sat nav only thing

My golf - gone into data privacy and need sat nav only thing on screen is a clock help got to drive from Corfe to the midlands
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: new in first year of covid - a golf
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: turning on and off and driving I cannot get further on the settings ie computer than a message saying data in privacy mode but can’t get anywhere to undo
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Good Morning  Dear Customer.
Welcome to JustAnswer.!I hope you’re well.
Firstly I’ll like to introduce myself. My name is***** and I am a vehicle expert here on JustAnswer.I am here to help with any query’s you have for you vehicle problems/needs and will try my best to give you the best possible advise/ outcome I can and also help you through them.Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to today.?The system offers an automated phone call service which is optional on weather you will like to accept or not.Just so I fully understand what’s been going on your vw golf sat nav unit has gone into data privacy mode.?Is this correct.?
Kind regards Hemal
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
but everything else as well my usual screen with options I cannot get only the privacy message
Hi there.
Thank you so much for your response.I hope you are well.Please could you send me a photo of the screen so I can look into it.Thanks.
Hi there.

It was lovely speaking to you.

Wish you a great journey.

As mentioned on the phone if this does happen again then I would be inclined to take it back to the VW garage who updated it.

As some settings may have not been updated properly.

If theres anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to letting me know.

Take care.

Kind regards Hemal