sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I went to fill up with fuel but my fuel flap won't open..

I went to fill up with fuel but my fuel flap won't open.. central locking is working as all other doors lock/unlock
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Yes it starts.. same as it should
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: Vauxhall corsa vxr 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've checked fuses.. tried double clicking key but still no luck
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so.. I'm low on fuel so could do with some help please

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
My name is ***** ***** else is ok. Just the fuel flap won't open/unlock

Dear customer, is the refuelling cap fully locked or does it open partially?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
It's fully locked

Dear customer, I understand the problem, to bthe fuel cap problem, there are several procedures that can be carried out to be honest, if you do not have experience doing this process, I do not recommend you do it, most customers end up damaging the mechanism by complete, damaging the paint of the vehicle or even the lid. You can start by taking a credit card or semi-stiff spatula and slide it in against the back side of the fuel door cover and it should release the latch. If this does not work, to open this type of mechanism, special tweezers are used that are inserted through the side of the hook, they are inserted and rotated in a certain way that leverage the hook, a little is forced and the cap is released. There are certain people who are used to using screwdrivers but this is the worst they can do because it is so close to the paint of the vehicle that they end up damaging it and practically the damage is worse. With the tweezers it is not necessary to pry to lean on the paint or on the bodywork, but rather it rotates and it is much easier to use. But as I indicated, if you do not have experience or knowledge in the use of these, it is best that you locate an auto locksmith as they are used to open all this kind of mechanism. Once opened we verify what happens in the mechanism, it can be simply the part that releases or the opening mechanism, these systems are completely replaced as a kind of kit that is completely changed.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thankyou for your help.. I will try the credit card but if that fails I will find an auto locksmith

At your service dear customer.