sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I am thinking of buying the 's' line Sportage. My query

I am thinking of buying the 's' line Sportage. My query relates to torque because I tow a caravan and my present car is under powered. The techinical specification I have downloaded shows the torque in 2 places. The first on page 4 seems to show 250nm. The second on page 6 shows 350nm. Which is right?
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: Yes on the tech spec download
JA: What year is your Sportage?
Customer: Brand new not yet bought
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Asking a question
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm guessing but is the is because the 250nm relates to the petrol engine and the 35nm to the petrol engine and electric motor combined. Indeed do the two work together or is only one ever powering the car?

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
name brian. no need for a call
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
the answer should be sinple. I don't need a call

Dear customer, no, the petrol engine has the highest torque, and the electric one the lowest, currently the electric engines have less performance.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That's understood. But you have not answered my question. Is the max torque 250nm or 350nm? Why are two values shown in the spec?

Is your model hybrid correct?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
the one I intend to buy is the HEV

Dear customer, for the electric mode the maximum torque is 250 and for the fuel mode 350.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks BUT do they combine to give the higher 350nm. That's what I'm trying to unerstand
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Or am I making this too complicated. In other words the petrol engine gives 350nm so no need to worry about the electric
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
in other words i have plenty of torque

Dear customer, they are not combined, only the fuel is more powerful.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I now understand. Many thanks for your help.Brian

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.