How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 58371
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have been diagnosed with second degree heart block and svt.

This answer was rated:

I have been diagnosed with second degree heart block and svt. I have yet spoken to the cardiologist but have read that a pacemaker may be fitted if experiencing other symptoms. I am. Light headedness, feeling so tired all the time. I want to know whether I can request a pacemaker. I have previously had two catheter ablations.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

Yes, you can suggest a pacemaker.

For certain types of heart blocks a pacemaker can be very helpful.

I think you should bring it up at your appointment. That would be a great idea.

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Dr. Phil, MD and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you