Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert

Hello I had to call out a paramedic on Sunday morning as I

I had to call out a paramedic on Sunday morning as I had a pain - like a blood pressure monitor sleeve only a lot lot tighter- in my left arm. I also broke out in a sweat. The feeling spread and went up the left hand side of my neck and a little discomfort in the extreme left of my chest. The paramedic arrived after the pain had gone.

i was given an ECG which was negative. The paramedic said that he thought I had had an angina attack and that first thing this morning I should arrange for an angiogram and not be put off by my GP saying that I just needed a spray in case it happened again. I contacted my GP this morning and he had had a report from the paramedic. He said he did not think that the paramedic was wrong as i had not been excercising when I had the attack and also i had not had any chest pains.

He is reluctant to send me for an angiogram or to see a cardiologist but, as the paramedic was so insistent that I see a specialist I am inclined to make a private appointment.

Do you think I should take the advice of my GP, who hasn't seen me face to face or the paramedic?
Best regards
Jean Thomas
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

I think you absolutely need to see a cardiologist

This can't simply be blown off as nothing

I would go now
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)