How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Other
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified doctor, internal medicine/integrative medicine/advanced training in hormone therapies
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now

my doctor said I have a aneurysm on my side leading to my heart

This answer was rated:

my doctor said I have a aneurysm on my side leading to my heart s 10ize I,am 85 years old what shall I do?
aneurysm where?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on the upper right side of my chest in a blood vessel leading to my heart

How large
What measurements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doctor said ain bout10 cm diameter

anything over 4 cm should be repaired.
that is a very large aneurysm.
In the meantime, blood pressure should be tightly controlled.
Unless there is some reason specifically not to repair it, it should be done.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you did not say how it will be repair .?

Tell me where this is exactly.
I have been assuming the aortic arch.
Or don't you know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doctor said on the upper right side of my chest leading to my heart

Why did you rate poor service????
You rate me bad with JA, then came back and wanted further information.
Was that an error on your part or deliberate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wished to know how the operation is done

This is a back and forth format
The repair, or even if you need a repair, depends on the exact anatomy of the aneurysm.
Has you doctor even told you this needs repair?
Have you seen a surgeon to review the findings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you I will see my doctor about this

That didn't really answer my question.
If your doctor has said this needs repair
The exact type of repair will depend on what the surgeon finds, but in general:
It depends on whether the aortic valve is involved but it entails a synthetic graft and the subclavian and carotid arteries may need to be reattached.
Please reverse your negative rating of me with a positive.
We can talk more if needed.
DrRussMd and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you