Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I recently experienced chest pains whilst doing Insanity (extreme

I recently experienced chest pains whilst doing Insanity (extreme circuit training). I went for an exercise ECG yesterday which showed my heart to be working fine, other than my pulse is slow at rest, about 45bpm. I was sent for the test because of the following risk indicators:
I suffer from Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Paternal granfather died of heart failure aged 67.
My cholesterol is 5.8
I smoke occasionally (5 per week).
I have leakage in the bicuspic valve.
I am 42 years old, married with 2 kids, exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet. The cardiologist now wants to do a myoscan. What could they be looking for? What are the possible diagnoses?
Is this a stress test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. The MyoScan is a pre-amplifier of surface electromyography (sEMG). Surface EMG measures muscle activity by detecting and amplifying tiny electrical impulses generated by muscle fibers when they contract.

OK. Your doctor thinks its muscularI agree
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So if it's a muscular issue what in laymans terms are the possible conclusions? And what would be the cures or preventative measures?

It is just that. Muscle strain firom exerciseCures would be rest and ibuprofen Prevention of exacerbating activities
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When you mention muscles I think I wrongly assumed you were referring to the heart as a muscle.

Maybe I misled you by posting the definition of Myoscan, but from what I understand the test involves injecting me with some radioactive dye to show (I guess) how the blood is flowing through my heart.

OK. So they are getting a stress test?That is a good idea but I bet it's normal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'stress test? And what could the results prove and possible treatments be?

Basically they are gonna stress your heart and see if it works OK This will rule out blockages or a heart attackIf its abnormal you need a catheterization
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)