How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 58710
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I'm having some chest pains where I can point the area

This answer was rated:

Hi , I'm having some chest pains where I can point the area where it's happening, it's in the upper left side(pectoral muscle area). I can reproduce the pain if I stretch in a certain way. I don't have any back pain or arm pain. No shortness of breath. However the muscle seems tight (the pec muscle) and the pain seems to b coming a little bit deeper than the muscle itself. Should I visit a doctor? And I did get an ecg done and a blood test 2 months ago and they were fine plus if I stay still, like lie down for a few mins the pain disappears mostly.
Any pain with exertion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. And only when I stretch in a specific way
Then this is muscular.There is no doubt about it.I see no reason to investigate any further
Dr. Phil, MD and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So just to make sure I'm not gonna have a heart attack or something with the symptoms that I discribed? And as I said that the area in that side of the chest feels a bit tense.
yeou wont
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much !