How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 58371
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

My husband had bilateral pulmonary embolism at the end of

This answer was rated:

My husband had bilateral pulmonary embolism at the end of 2014, although his clots have gone now he's still left with continual chest pain. He is on many medications. he is not able to walk far without being breathless and simple things like sneezing puts him on the floor in pain. What can he do to ease this continual pain?

Thanks for this question

what meds has he tried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is on apixiban, gabapentin, nefapam, cinnarizine, amitriptyline, coding & paracetamol

what dose gabapentin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
600mg 3 times a day gabapentin

That is a hefty dose.

I would try adding cymbalta or effexor.

Dr. Phil, MD and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you