Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I recently had an ECG but this wasn't explained to me.

I recently had an ECG but this wasn't explained to me. Would tell me, please, what the numbers etc mean .
HR68 bpm. Abnormal ECG "Unconfirmed"
10:54:53. Normal sinus rhythm with occasional premature ectopic complexes
GRS0.080s
0.382/0.406s. Left axis deviation.
-27deg -32deg 44deg. (The ' degrees' are represented by superscript o)I had an MRI which showed an enlarged blood vessel near my left ear which means I can hear my pulse constantly, so I know it skips a beat and races at intervals. I am not at all worried about this but curious to know what the readings mean. Thankyou for your help.

why was the EKG done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First one. Two years ago because of shortness of breath. Recent one about six weeks ago because I had an accident at home, was in pain and it was performed in the ambulance prior to going to hospital. I was allowed home five hours later, nothing broken.

Do you have a copy of the ECG?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I had added this to the first mail. Would you
I,e me to try to copy the full sheet, it might take three or four photos.

that actually looks pretty normal to me

the computer often reads "abnormal"when it is fine or a normal variant

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to know the meaning of all the readings. Please.

premature atrial complexes are when the top chambers of the heart fire a little quickly.

left axis deviation is when the left side of the heart is a little stronger than the right. common in high blood pressure

the other readings are not significant

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating.

I appreciate it. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou. I know my heart beat is irregular as I can hear it constantly, so hear it miss and speed up. No problem. Just wanted an explanation of the wording as you have now given. Thankyou.