How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 58352
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I am a 20 year old male who has been having regular chest

This answer was rated:

I am a 20 year old male who has been having regular chest pains. Sometimes to the point where I collapse onto the floor. Doctor I saw said it was clostochondritis but this pin has been going on for 4 years now. It has also gradually gotten worse when I was smoking for a period 2 year period after which i stopped, but the pain still persists. I was wondering whether I should go to visit a cardiologist to find out whether this is the real cause of the problem. My cousin had this same problem and the doctors said it was clostochondritis but ended up being cardiovascular disease so I am worried. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

what heart tests did you have Anish?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had any apart from the doctor looking at my chest using a stethoscope,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doctor said that my heart beat appeared regular, and then immediately came to the assumption it is clostochondritis.

You need some tests my friend

I would get a holter monitor and echo to start

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you. I have also bit taking antionflammatories as they have said but nothing has changed. I will go for the tests.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea as to whether it could be something also, or is it something only more tests will show?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
something else

They will show something of what is going on

if the tests are normal then I agree it is costochondritis

Dr. Phil, MD and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you

still need help?