How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask the-good-doctor Your Own Question
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 70681
Experience:  Medical Doctor and Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
the-good-doctor is online now

I'm 34 years old male have a healthy lifestyle havin been

This answer was rated:

I'm 34 years old male have a healthy lifestyle havin been suffering from raised heart beat for 3 months by raised I mean 120bpm+ been to local NHS cardiologist 2 appointments been of work for three months now they signed me back fit to work but my heart is still racing told me I might need to go on beta blockers but they haven't told me what's wrong or has caused this had the portable heart monitor for a week had an ultrasound and Ecgs still no diagnosis can u shed any light oh and my names William

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

do you take any meds?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No none
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Need to know what the next step will be for diagnosis

Most likely this is SVT

This is a benign condition from an extra electrical circuit in the heart

sometimes you might need to do a vagal maneuver to stop it.

is this helpful?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Keep that in mind for my next appointment with cardiologist also is there a specific test to diagnose svt

They need to capture an episode with a wearable heart monitor (holter)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

the-good-doctor and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks will do