the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor and Cardiology Expert
55099014

I have had extreme fatigue for about 6 weeks and more

I have had extreme fatigue for about 6 weeks and more recently a feeling that I am going to faint with no exercise at all. This feeling is increasing in frequency and intensity.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you take any meds?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am type 2 diabetic and have high blood pressure. I take metformin, gliclizide, sitaglyptin, simvastatin, loratadine, amlodopine, lisinopril.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please let me have your professional opinion by email.

It could be low blood sugar.

What is your sugar when this happens?

what is your sugar when this happens?

is this helpful?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had numerous tests in the last 6 weeks including comprehensive blood tests where the blood sugar and stored blood sugar , haemaglobin, etc have all proved to be ok. It started with me passing a blood clot from the rear about 6 weeks ago. Since then I have had a CT scan for diverticulitis which proved to be negative. My father died of arterial sclerosis aged 78 and my brother recently had a stent put in having found an artery to be 90 per cent blocked- he also happens to be 78 years old.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just taken my blood sugar about an hour and a half after food- it was 7.8
What about when you are feeling poorly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not taken it at that time because I don't feel up to it, but will try next time. I had one of these events on Sunday morning but I had already ingested two weetabix with blueberries and skimmed milk and a 200ml glass of v8 veg juice about an hour beforehand and therefore had not even considered low blood sugar - I have had type 2 for 15 years now and my experience is that low blood sugar events normally occur either before food in the morning or before a meal later and n the day having not eaten for 3or 4 hours.
but diabetes changes over time. I strongly suspect a low blood sugar event.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do I do about that ? Seems strange that I have been very tired for 6 weeks. I will definitely take my blood when I next experience fainting event, and see what happens.Thanks for your help.

I would adjust your meds in that case

the glicazide is the most likely culprit

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/