the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor and Cardiology Expert
55099014

Dear Dr. Phil, I am a 63 year old male. I was due to have

Dear Dr. Phil,
I am a 63 year old male. I was due to have minor surgery which was postponed due to an abnormal ECG. I have since undergone ECG, echocardiogram and 24 hr holter monitor tests. The results show evidence of first degree AV block.
Other results showed that I have normal LV cavity dimensions with good left ventricular systolic function, left atrium is mildly dilated and there is mild pulmonary hypertension. 24 hour monitoring also showed occasional episodes of non-conducted P waves and isolated ventricular ectopics.
My questions are ;
a) Am I likely to be allowed to have the minor surgery ?
b) Is first degree AV block likely to deteriorate to second or third degree ?
c) I take 25 mg of Atenolol daily as part of blood pressure treatment. Could this be a likely cause and if so would my condition improve if I were able to stop taking them at a later date ?

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you have a copy of the echo?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, just a letter regarding the results.

a)yes absolutely

b)possibly over time but it might never happen

c)Yes

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/