How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 59366
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have suffered irregular pulse with stoppages for up to 30

This answer was rated:

I have suffered irregular pulse with stoppages for up to 30 seconds or more.
3 months ago I had a "Pacemaker" fitted. I still get bad turns before the pacemaker kicks in. Is there anything you can suggest ?Derek Firman age 81. I take regular exercise and otherwise fit for my age !

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Did they try adjusting the pacer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No Two weeks ago they checked the full range of the pacer.Within the first week of fitting (27th June) I had the signs of a black out which was subdued immediately
and did not go further. This I reported to the hospital. No action taken.
This week I again had the trouble signs and at one point appeared to have another attack. This again cleared after a short period. It felt as if I had received a bang on the chest and someone had turned a light on.My question. Is this normal. Will I have to live with this or can anything be done to stop this occurring?

No this is definitely not normal

you need a second opinion

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Dr. Phil, MD and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you