How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask the-good-doctor Your Own Question
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 71303
Experience:  Medical Doctor and Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
the-good-doctor is online now

I require some advice after heart attack 2.5 years ago, had

This answer was rated:

I require some advice after heart attack 2.5 years ago, had 3 stents inserted in RA , LAD AND LMS initially and found out that LAD was starting to block again after 10 months, so ended up going back to consultant for angiogram test. the result was they told me i had a choice of another stent in or Bypass, the bypass apparently should be straight forward. I chose stent , however the stent gave me a lot of relief over time but over the past 3 months i seem to be getting symptoms irrations back along with pain in upper back and at both sides now and again , similar to a running stitch, My GP does not seem interested unless i get the same horrible central chest pain. the strange thing is if i am mobile im fine, i can walk for 2 / 3 miles and sometimes attend a gym for half our sessions only using bike and treadmills. it is strange also because if i bend real low like the skirting board level or try to exert myself to much ig generates and un east feeling and a possibly slight central angina. other than that i am a 60 year old who finished playing football 3 year ago and dont look ill ?

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

still need help?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi is this where I would find my answer to question ?

I think you absolutely need to go back for the bypass

you don't mess around with the LAD

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I’ve seen the consultant at least 4 times now and had to try a stent totally un aware of how an additional stent would affect my health if only a knew what would happen but was also quite horrified at the outcome of being told I needed a bypass , I was hoping to be offered keyhole but that seems not to be on the table

A bypass isn't a huge deal nowadays

they are routinely performed

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The true fact of the my concern is I rejected bypass op only of fear and the fact I’ve been hoping to get back to work as I’ve have commitments to meet , it is proving to be the wrong decision
I really need a second opinion and do not know how to request it as GP keeps repeating to me I’ve had all the tests etc , I am not feeling that confident with it all these days and getting tingling in my left had with a light to dull ache at elbow area, it’s been associated with cholesterol tablets upto now as I’m into my four type . If I could have the op straight away I could be swayed but it’s the not knowing how long it will take to get operation , is it fact that there are not that many key hole specialist in uk ?

That is an unfortunate fact

I'm sorry

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My irritation moves around chest area and then to my sides, by the time I wake up it’s at mid to upper back , I simply have to up and sort it out by moving around , My consultant also showed me there are two arteries at the rear of my heart that are to small to insert stents they seem to be totally blocked whereas the Lad was 80% RCA a bit lower

Yes, if it comes with exertion, it is trouble

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for information

Welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

the-good-doctor and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you