How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask the-good-doctor Your Own Question
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 71176
Experience:  Medical Doctor and Cardiology Expert
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
the-good-doctor is online now

My daughter is 16 years old, 2 months ago she was sick and

This answer was rated:

My daughter is 16 years old, 2 months ago she was sick and ended up in A&E with possible stomach ulcers but her heart rate was over 200. She wasn't dehydrated and having taken Lansoprazole for a month her heart rate still rests between 110-150 going up to over 200 if she does any exercise of any type, walking etc.. I have stopped her doing any PE/sport until we get the results of a 24 hour tape but all blood tests and urine tests are clear including Thhyroid. What can it be?

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

what medicine does she take?

is she anemic?


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she isn't on any medication, she weighs 81/2 stone, is 5 ft 7inches has lost 1/2 stone since this started, she has sweaty hands and feet and feels breathless when moving around and slightly dizzy if exercising. No not anemic

what blood tests has she had?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
full blood screen and thyroid

she could have dysautonomia or POTS

have you heard of these?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No what are they?

It is where your body doesn't have the ability to control autonomic functions like heart rate

She could have this

I'm warning you though getting a diagnosis is tough

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are either life threatening?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What would the treatment be? and how do we ensure we get a diagnosis?

no they are not

just very annoying and debilitating

the treatment is medicines

I would see a cardiologist at a university hospital

is this helpful?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you. We are seeing the GP tomorrow and have checked the results of the 24 hour tape are back from the hospital so should know more tomorrow. Thank you for your help, will investigate POTS

you are welcome :)

good luck

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

the-good-doctor and other Cardiology Specialists are ready to help you