Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in dealing cardiac emergencies, diseases, and can give appropriate advice regarding treatment and prevention.
28277873

I have AF and I am waiting to have an ablation. I also have

I have AF and I am waiting to have an ablation. I also have sleep apnoea. I am a fit 67yr old representing Great Britain in my age group for triathlon and have competed at European and World events.
Will a Cpap machine be beneficial to my AF and sleep apnoea

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

There is high quality evidence from a large number of clinical studies (randomized trials and meta-analyses) that CPAP (positive airway pressure therapy) reduces the frequency of respiratory problems during sleep, improves daytime sleepiness and blood pressure, lowers the risk of stroke and cardiac events, and over all improves quality of life across a range of disease severities.

Therefore, yes, your will definitely get convincing benefits from CPAP therapy.

Was it helpful?

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.