wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My 20 year old daughter had open heart surgery on Monday and

Customer Question

My 20 year old daughter had open heart surgery on Monday and was in Critical care until Wednesday evening at which time they moved her into a normal ward and then last night they say she will be discharged today Is this normal or too early
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

As a father of five, three of them daughters, that seem a bit quick to me......

But, I can not imagine the surgeons sending your daughter home too early. I bet the surgery went very well and she has been getting better quickly.

In the long run it is better to recover at home where the risk of catching a nasty infection is much less and your daughter will be able to rest a lot more comfortably.

So. What is the take home message?

Once my child was stable I would rather her continue to recover at home....so I bet everything will be fine.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I hope your daughter continues to have a quick and uneventful recovery. Please give her my best :)

And try to hang in there yourself -- the hardest part is over. I can only imagine what you must be going through.