DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Husband has difibrilater pacemaker has been ill with

Customer Question

Husband has difibrilater pacemaker has been ill with gastroenteritis for past 10 days now has what seems like hiccups
non stop is there a correlation..and how can we stop this.
Seems like gulps of air being taken in
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You can give him some fluids like gatorade as it is likely due to dehydration

You can ask him to do Valsalve manouever

You can give him ranitidine and cetrizine

If he still continue to have hiccups then he will need to see the doctor for prescription medicine

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards