Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

My husband has had a pacemaker fitted in April and is due to

Customer Question

My husband has had a pacemaker fitted in April and is due to have a ct angiogram. we are concerned that the pm will interfere with the CT angiogram and give an inconclusive result. Are we right to be concerned?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, we have been referred by Doc and cardiologist. My husband is on beta blockers to try and control symptoms which he has experienced both before pacemaker and currently. Hence the reason for the CT angiogram.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

pacemakers have no effect on CTs

just MRIs

he will be fine

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Thanks for this question.I strive for 5 star service for all customers. :)If you have more questions, just reply.