the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor and Cardiology Expert
55099014

I have a Medtronic evera ICD One of the four leads has

I have a Medtronic evera ICD One of the four leads has become displaced the A lead. I had a cardiac ablation where the A lead displacement was discovered. I am being considered A lead reiimplantation my question is ,
JA: The Cardiologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've experienced (e.g. shortness of breath, heart palpitations, minor physical effort making you feel tired)?
Customer: i have a Medtronic evera ICD. One of the four leads has become displaced .This was discovered after a cardiac ablation. Do i need to have this A lead reimplanted? I am not keen to have another GA.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: yes I feel tired . only out of breath on considerable exertion
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
documentation not available

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Yes, you do need to have it reimplanted

it is probably part of why you feel tired and out of breath

this should be corrected

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
what if i decide not to have the GA? Apart from my symptoms not improving what risk am I putting myself in?

Well if it is helping an arrhythmia it might not work

so if you go into a lethal arrhythmia it might not fire

very very risky