wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am 72 and fit. I have been doing quite strenuous climbing,

Customer Question

I am 72 and fit. I have been doing quite strenuous hill climbing, but think I overdid it two months ago. I have no pains, I have low cholesterol, a normal ECG, and been assessed as having slightly raised blood pressure, and have been put on 3 successive pills to lower pressure. I am now back on the first one. But when about to take my blood pressure this morning I think I had a panic attack, and my pulse rate went up. The same thing happened this evening. How can I avoid anxiety when self -assessing? Thank you,
JA: The Cardiologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: No history of heart diseases. Very good, but after strenuous climb 2 months ago I had a bad night with some discomfort in head. In the last 2 years I have prepared for strenuous hill walking and done this in the summer.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: About 10 years ago I had a Ct scan for possible bowel problems which was clear a but revealed small calcium specks in my pancreas, nothing to worry about I was old.. My father died of pancreatic cancer.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

How can I be of service?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. I have decided the wisest course is to follow the advice of my GP.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thank you. I am going to continue with my GP. I am ending this matter.
Have a good day,
Ian Guy
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Ian,

Sounds like a good plan.

I wish you the very best.

Have a good week.