Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I am a 23 year old female who suffers from PVC’s and

Customer Question

Hello. I am a 23 year old female who suffers from PVC’s and tachycardia daily. I also have some anxiety. I have had runs of tachycardia now for over a year, sending my heart rate up to 170bpm. I hVe these runs daily now and they have become very scary. I have always had PVCs, however recently they have become a lot more intense as forceful. I have been to the doctors and had many tests. Some ecgs have shown inverted T waves which I was told was not a problem. My heart rate was fast but I’m a normal rhythm so was told not to worry. My echocardiogram picked up a normal heart structure however with mitral valve prolapse. I had these texts in November 2018. Since then everything has got much worse, but I have been discharge and doctors declined further testing when I requested. I am sick to death of having this problem and it is taking over my life. I am now extremely weak, I have lost over 2 stone in weight, I cannot walk up a flight of stairs without coming over hot and needing to sit down. please can you help me and give me your best advice.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

1. Can you upload me the latest reports you have in hand please?

2. Since how long have you had this swelling?

3. Are you having any breathlessness even on walking few steps?

4. Are you experiencing any palpitations?

5. Is there any personal or family history of coronary artery disease?

6. Is there any abdominal distension?

7. May I know the reason why you are on heart medications and please mention what they are?

8. Are you a diabetic and hypertensive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have no swelling. I am having breathlessness.
I am experience palpitations daily.
My sister has a heart valve disease where her tricusdarb leaks.
I have some abnormal dissension but not constant.
I am not diabetic and I suffer with low blood pressure.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

Images are downloading - please hold on.

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

Hello, from your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having premature ventricular beats (PVB) or premature ventricular contractions (PVC).

These are extra beats that happen before a normal heartbeat. The heart is divided into 4 sections, called chambers. PVBs start in 1 of the 2 lower chambers, called the ventricles.

PVBs are caused by a problem with the heart's electrical system, in which the ventricles send abnormal electrical signals. These signals cause the extra beats. VPBs are common. They can happen in healthy people.

Symptoms can be -

●Feeling like the heart is beating hard, beating fast, or seems to skip a beat – These heartbeat changes are called palpitations.

●Feeling dizzy or lightheaded

●A pounding feeling in the neck

You might be more likely to notice PVBs when you lie quietly in bed at night or lie on your left side.

Treatment depends on what is causing the PVBs and whether they cause symptoms. If you do not have symptoms, you might not need any treatment.

Possible treatments include -

●Medicines to control the speed or rhythm of your heartbeat

●A procedure called "ablation" – During this procedure, the doctor uses heat (called "radiofrequency ablation") or cold (called "cryoablation") to destroy the small part of the heart that is sending the abnormal electrical signals. You might have this treatment if medicines do not control PVBs.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, yes I have already been diagnosed with PvC’s.
My problem is there getting a lot more intense and more forceful and I am getting the episodes of tachycardia (up to 170bpm) a lot more often and I am worried I will have a cardiac arrest.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.
Stress and anxiety can cause the heart rate to go up like this.But till now there is no case which has been reported as a sudden cardiac arrest with premature ventricular contractions please.I really do understand your concern but I would like to reassure you to stay calm and you are not at risk of heart attack.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also read somewhere that chronic anxiety can increase the risk of cardiac arrest. This is constantly on my mind. Is this information correct?
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.
Not at your age please.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani