the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor and Cardiology Expert
55099014

My son, aged 21, had a second bout of myocarditis at the

Customer Question

My son, aged 21, had a second bout of myocarditis at the beginning of July, although nowhere near as bad as the first two years ago. He was given the all clear to start exercising gently at the end of August providing he felt ok, which he did. Since then, he has been running short distances and slowly building up strength in the gym. However, speaking to him last night on the phone ( he is in Newcastle doing a Masters) he said he had felt a dull ache in his chest for about 5 minutes after attending a strenuous ice hockey training session a week ago on Sunday. He has been feeling fine since and before this. He is due to come off the Colchicine pills end of this week. We would really like some advice with regards ***** ***** up to playing ice hockey on a regular basis.
JA: The Cardiologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: My son has been recovering for the last 3 months and his health has been fine lately.
JA: Anything else in your son's medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please, have you read my question regarding my son?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm fine doing it by writing

It sounds like he overexerted himself playing hockey

He needs to build up more slowly

if he has symptoms like this, he needs to step back and gradually build up more

I can't give him an exact plan. He will need to use a common sense approach to this

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have any more questions, just reply. :)