Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I seem out of breathe all the time I’ve been given an

Customer Question

Hello, I seem out of breathe all the time I’ve been given an inhaler but it’s not seem to be working that well, I work as a bin man so I’m finding it hard to work
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
Hi. I need information to help you. Do you smoke? Have wheezing or coughing? Any medical diseases? What test have you had done so far?
Please provide me with his answer so I can help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I smoke but only socially like on a weekend not during the week, some coughing but no weezing! And not any medical disease of what I know of
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
How old are you?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m 24
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
How long has you been short of breath? Does exertion make you more short of breath?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
Did you already see a doctor? Is there who gave you the inhaler? Was there the thought of asthma?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It’s been going on for 2 week maybe longer now just even when I’m walking I get out of breath
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yeah I saw a doctor and he gave me a inhaler but it’s not really working
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for the information, that helps. There are quite a few causes for shortness of breath. One cause would be heart disease. However that would be very unlikely at your age particularly since you’re not complaining of chest pain. On examination your doctor would be able to detect signs of valvular heart disease which I assume was not found. Another cause would be anemia that again would be unlikely in someone your age who is otherwise healthy. I would for completeness check a CBC just to make sure your hemoglobin is normal. In addition I think it’s worth wild for you to be evaluated for asthma . asthma can present with wheezing and or coughing. I see a lot of patients with asthma and I do a breathing test in the office .onThis spirometry test is easy to do I can make a diagnosis of asthma. Should your lung study be consistent with asthma, and inhaled steroids will be added to a bronchodilator.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
The medical examination is also very important to listen to your lungs to check for wheezing or other abnormal cells and also to listen for any heart murmurs. Depending upon what is found, a chest x-ray might also be indicated.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
Abnormal sounds, not cells
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
What type of work is a bin man?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I take people rubbish and dispose it
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
I would suspect most likely that you have an element of asthma as you’re probably inhaling foul toxic materials from your work. That’s why I would particularly do the lung function studies and if they indicate any airways disease, I would add an inhaled steroid to your inhaled bronchodilator.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
I would start with all the above suggestions and you can always get back to me once you get the results.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I will look into into it and will be back in tough soon
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
Glad to help out. I’d appreciate you rating my suggestions with the stars on your screen so I receive feedback and credit. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 6 days ago.
Hi. Just checking in to see if you got in touch with a doctor yet. Hope my suggestions were helpful.